What is Bradycardia?
Bradycardia is a condition where the heart beats at a slower-than-normal rate, typically fewer than 60 beats per minute. While a slow heart rate isn’t necessarily problematic for everyone, it can cause symptoms and complications in some cases, especially when the heart can’t pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs.
Symptoms of Bradycardia
Common symptoms may include:
- Fatigue or weakness
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Fainting spells
- Shortness of breath
- Confusion or memory problems
- Chest pain
Treatment options for Bradycardia depend on the underlying cause and may include:
- Medication adjustments, especially if a current medication is causing the slow heart rate
- Implantation of a pacemaker to regulate heart rate
- Treatment of underlying conditions affecting the heart
- Lifestyle changes such as improved diet and increased exercise
If you are experiencing symptoms that could be related to Bradycardia, it’s important to consult a specialist for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Schedule your appointment with our expert team today for a comprehensive evaluation and personalized treatment options.
Disclaimer: The information on this page is provided for educational purposes and should not substitute for professional medical advice. If you are experiencing severe symptoms such as chest pain or severe shortness of breath, dial 911 immediately for emergency medical care.